Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spa-rty for one in Montego Bay

A weekend break from a harsh winter in Boston brought me to Montego Bay, Jamaica, to Round Hill Hotel and Villas, where I headed directly to the lemongrass-infused treatment room at The Spa at Round Hill for an indigenous coconut body scrub treatment. However, once I began my treatment, I realized Denise, my masseuse, was NOT using a local coconut concoction, but an Elemis product. I'm well aware that Elemis is a luxury brand, so I should have been more than content.

And even though Denise gave me a superb body treatment, unafraid of applying pressure to my newly sunburned skin, and even though I love the essence of frangipani, I was still looking for something indigenous to go with my Exotic Coconut Rub and Soy Ritual Wrap.

OK, so if I couldn't get an indigenous coconut treatment on the outside, I'd treat myself to one on the inside. So I headed to the dining area at Round Hill, and ordered a piece of coconut cream pie, made with local coconuts. I devoured the slice of pie while looking out at the Caribbean Sea. Ya mon.

No comments: